Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Supporting a friend

We have a friend Vince Hartmann who is riding his bike from Victoria to Ottawa. He has set out to raise awareness about addiction and is advocating for a national day of sobriety. He is a recovered addict and is passionate about helping others find healing in their addictions and for the lives of the loved ones who have been devastated by the addiction as well.

We are encouraging others to support him in funds and prayer. He needs money to keep his ride alive. He has already made it to Calgary.

Donations can be made at Wentings cycle shop in Abbotsford on N. Railway and possibly at the CIBC into his chequing account, this is what I intend on doing. Or contact me and I'll be sure to get it to him. That would be a good reason for me to have coffee with some of you regular readers of my blog:) Not that I need a reason, lol!!!

Check out his website: www.nationaldayofsobriety.ca

Thank-you for your support:)

No comments: