Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pretty Good News!

So I haven't been feeling well at all for about 10-12 days. Getting more and more dizzy, light-headed, loss of balance, staggered walking, dropping things, feeling weak and tired, headaches and it's been consistently been getting worse. I've been getting quite worried when blood work came back all normal and the DR. suggested it could be brain tumors from breast cancer spreading to my brain. Yikes! I hadn't really been worried about it being that, I just know I haven't felt right at all. I haven't been able to continue working, I'm on sick leave right now until I feel better.
The brain CT scan came back normal today, which is great, it means that there are no large tumors growing in there. However CT is not the most effective test for the brain especially when looking for small lesions due to Breast cancer mets (spreading cancer to the brain). I am at an incredibly high risk for my cancer to spread to my brain, it's the most likely place for it to spread.
So more tests now to try and figure out why I'm feeling like this. I'm hoping it's because of the issues with my sinuses; maybe they are effecting my ears which is effecting my balance. I'm waiting for surgery for my sinuses some time in the new year.I've had issues with my balance in the past, but it was very different than this feeling.
So there will be more testing over the next month to 6 weeks and I pray wisdom for my Dr's as they try to figure out what is going on with me. I just want to feel like I did 2 and a half weeks ago, when I spend full days in Disneyland with my family, feeling great! I also want to get back to work, I really enjoy my job and I miss abc:)

2 comments:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Will continue to keep you in my prayers!
Was wondering if you got my e-mail?
I did not know, when I wrote it, that you were having more health issues.
I apologize!
Health is way more important than anything else.
Hope you will be better real soon!

Coco said...

I'm praying and trusting for good news. Thanks for the reminder to keep praying. :)
ck