Tuesday, June 22, 2010

it's true!!

Today I just read: "Burnout never comes from hard work. It's the result
of emotional and physical fatigue combined with a feeling of being
unappreciated." Have you told someone today that you appreciate all that they do?

I will be teaching a workshop on basically this exact topic in the fall. I think I'm calling the workshop "Take care of you and you'll get better." This is about avoiding burn-out, taking care of your basic physical needs; building your immune system, taking care of you emotional, mental and spiritual needs, finding healthy coping mechanisms, asking for and receiving help etc.

I have just been hired for a very part-time job, of one day a week at CBC, Columbia Bible College in Abbotsford, where I did my ECE. The job is administrative assistant to the ECE director, Gwen Reese, at CBC. The job starts the third week of August.

I will continue on at abc restaurant for 25+ hours a week, as I love it there:) and I get medical and dental benefits for my family through abc.

I will be working with the Committee for the CIBC run for the Cure, for breast cancer. I plan to raise as much money as possible for the run for the cure this year. I will be speaking at women's conference's, leading workshops, speaking at highschools as well. It will be a busy and exciting fall and I am so looking forward to all of it!!

1 comment:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

WOW! Sounds like you will be one busy girl!
Congratulations!