Tuesday, December 30, 2008

When I don't want to feel.

When you moan in pain, I feel the anguish of your suffering.
When you see a storm coming, I feel the thunder clap.
When you can't face another day, I feel there is no other.
When you cry tears of sorrow, I feel them running down my cheeks.

This is how I feel.

When you see the end of the road, I feel the journey is done.
When you cry out, "why?", I feel there is no answer.
When you lean the answer another way, I feel stupid for asking.
When you leave unanswered questions, I feel the answer is always "no."

This is how I feel.

When you speak without thinking, I feel misunderstood.
When you stop singing, I feel I never knew the tune.
When you rage in silence, I feel like screaming out loud!
When you shush my voice, I feel weakened inside.

This is how I feel.

When you wrap your arms around me, I feel peace at last.
When you whisper "I love you.", I feel the soothing of my soul.
When you open up and around me, I feel fully home.
When you let me weep, I feel I'll never be alone.

This is how to feel.

No comments: