Friday, July 3, 2009

Last messages to each other; good friends for so long.

Dear Rachel,

I have always looked up to you Rachel. You have always been a
shining example to me of how to live, under all circumstances.I care
about you deeply and love you, my friend and sister in Christ. I
continue to learn so much from you and always feel so honoured to
know you.

Much Love,

Feather



dear Feather,

Just realized tonight
that next week Thursday will be my 5 year anniversary since my initial
diagnosis - 5 years! Wow. That went fast and slow as molasses all at
the same time. Not that 5 years is a magic number but it is a
milestone that the infamous They put out there.

The past few weeks I feel like I've turned a bit of a corner for the
worse. I plateaued a bit in April/May after my palliative care doc got
my medications under control and the radiation took effect in my back,
head and hips. But it's only for a time. They can only radiate so much
and I am having to up my pain meds significantly and with more
regularity. Maybe I'll get another little plateau but we'll see.

I pray for you when you come to mind as I'm sure it is a struggle for
you. In some ways I think this would be so much easier if the kids
weren't so affected, hey? That is the hardest part for me, for sure.
And for Neil. I don't want to be the source of pain and sadness for
them - but I am, sadly. Thankfully God is a god of comfort. And we
cling to that.

Hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Love you too, my friend.

with love,
rb

1 comment:

cindylouwhoo said...

Feather,
I am sorry for your loss does not begin to aid your broken heart right now, I know. But I have no other words at this time, because I understand your pain is much. You are one of my truest friends, and I can not imagine losing you, so I can not imagine what you feel right now. Knowing that Rachel is in peace and can now carry the baby angels up in heaven, the way she wanted to carry her babies here is the only comfort I can give you. If you need me, my friend, know that I am just a call away.
Love

Cindy