Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LOL!

Last night,my four year old daughter, Cadence,laid back in her pillow for bed and proclaimed that she needed some rest and proceeded to put cucumber slices, from snack, on her eye-lids!!! I have no idea where she got that from but we've got a picture to prove it:)

Carmelle called my bluff last night, when I threatened to cut her hair if she kept sucking on it, and she got all excited and announced that she wanted short hair! So Chris and I consulted; as she begged for a hair cut, and I got out the scissors. I cut her hair into a cute bob and it turned out so well, we wished we'd done it sooner. Her long hair was quite fine and now her hair looks so full and healthy.And I missed my calling as a hair dresser:)

Speaking of hair, my hair is now well past my shoulders and I can put it all in a pony tail now, YEAH!! I've been coloring it super blonde, I always wanted to try it but never dared. It's suprisingly healthy and is super thick. My hair grew back thicker than it ever was before, and it was think then. I just bought a straightening iron to style it; I wasn't sure what to do with it because I've never had hair at this stage before.

Our girls arrived late for school today, because the clocks went wonky due to a short power outage last night. We thought we were on schedule at first but then the school called and we were over an hour behind schedule, they called to see if Carmelle wasn't in attendance at all that day. YIKES, that put a fire under our butts and the girls got a quick yogurt tube for breakfast, even quick teeth brushing and out the door. All in all, Carmelle was only 35 minutes late for school, not to bad. We can move when we gotta move:)!!

We are doing a fake Christmas tree this year for the first time. I was sick for a week last year, right when we got the live cut tree. I realized a few days into it that I am allergic to Christmas trees, they make my asthma flare right up. So this year I found a great deal on a gorgeous tree at Value Village, it looks like the $400 tress in the store and I got it for $80:) I'm all about the deals; just scored big time at Value Villages half off sale on Monday; got the last of my Christmas shopping done!!

I want to start decorating for Christmas so badly already, but I think I will hold off for a few more days, but it will be soon:) I love Christmas! The last few Christmases I have wondered if it could be my last...but I am here to celebrate!! But I am here to give and make gifts. I'm making quite a few gifts this year; they are almost done as well. One good thing about being off work and having a little energy, is that I can get all of this stuff done early. I'm hoping that if I'm feeling better that I can return to work around Christmas time. Next is starting the baking:)I am thankful that I usually feel well enough to do these things in my bursts of energy.

Over all I am feeling the same. The mild "improvement" I think this is me just adjusting to feeling this way; my new normal. I still have numerous dizzy spells every hour, and I have to sleep a lot. I feel drained and exhausted most of the time; but when I do get a bit of energy I try really hard to get a lot done. On Saturdays this month I am taking workshops for ECE (Early Childhood Education). I graduated from CBC (Columbia Bible College) in 1993 and I worked for many Years in the ECE field. 1993-1994 at the Salvation Army daycare in Chilliwack. Then as a Nanny from 1994-1996. In 1996 I was hired as the head supervisor at Kids Club at the Salvation army church in Abbotsford and I was there until 2000. In 2003 I was hired as the head supervisor for a brand new centre Called KidsCare at Maranatha Baptist Church. Then I ran a home daycare center when Cadence was 4 months old, until I was diagnosed in 2007.

I certianly don't see myself returning to the field anytime soon, but I think it's important to keep my license. My license has to be renewed every 5 years. The old rules said we had to complete 12 hours of workshops in the five years and work 300 hours in the field. My license expires in Feb 2010, so i started to look into the renewal process last month and found out they now require 40 hours of workshops for renewal and I only had 6. So now I am packing in the workshop hours on Saturdays this month, I'm glad I had time to do it. All I have to do is attend, is it's not hard on me, and I feel it's a blessing that I can do them now while I'm off work.

This waiting period between tests and wondering what is going on with my ovaries isn't easy, but keeping myself busy is certainly helping. I'm also doing lots of crafts with the girls and watching lots of movies, to keep my mind busy. I think the Christmas decorations will be coming out after my workshops on Saturday:)

Happy Holidays!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really hated the wait too when I had ovarian cysts. 3 months in between was a long time to worry. Hopefully everything will be just fine.