Monday, November 30, 2009

Oh how I "love" our medical system; I say through gritted teeth.

I've been waiting over a month for a follow-up ultrasound of my ovaries ( which are kicking up some trouble)and it's been a hard wait wondering what these growths are doing and if they are going to be making my life even more difficult or perhaps threatening my life. The test was to be this Thursday with results for not another week; when I got a call this afternoon that my appointment had to be bumped and couldn't be rescheduled in Abbotsford until March 2010!!! AARRGGhhhhh!!!

With the adreneline of frustration I set into action. I got 6 numbers of other ultra sound clinics from Vancouver to the Fraser Valley and started calling. It looked as though January 14th was going to be the best I could do and I was discouraged, so much waiting:( Then I found a cancellation In New Westminster on Monday, this monday the 7th of December!! YEAHHHH!!! So everything is going to work out just fine. I have to drive a bit further, but I'm use to that.

Though I can't help but feeling sad and frustrated for all the folks who are being canceled ultrasounds in Abbotsford today; those that will have to wait now until March or later because they don't have transportation somewhere else. Apparently a Ultrasound tech of some sort quite their job all of a sudden which has caused hundreds of appointments to be bumped another 2-4 months. Those that have no other support, and may perhaps a cancer that needs to be detected sooner, these folks are slipping through the cracks of our medical system and it is possibly a life altering or life ending result. My heart and prayers go out to these strangers who suffer because they have no other way out. While I thank God that my prayers were answered and I was able to get in when I did.

Dec 7th is my Dad's birthday, Happy Birthday Dad, I pray I get good news for your birthday:)
Dec 8th is my brother's birthday, Happy Birthday Forrest!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Just yesterday I received the results of a health survey which included the U.S., England, & Canada. England & Canada did not do very well in the survey. The survey results were compiled by the United Nations International Health Organization. It's exasperating for those of us trying to get medical dx, treatment, etc. & encounter nothing but DELAYS! It's good to see that you were able to get an appointment sooner, rather than later. Praying for good results! Take care!