Thursday, January 14, 2010

Hurting for Haiti...

I suggest you read this blog from a young missionary in Haiti, who I believe is from here in the Fraser Valley, http://mafkrul.blogspot.com/, the read will break your heart, move your soul and urge you to do whatever you can to help. It's a personal account of faith and survival, midst the destruction and devastation.

I'm trying to figure out how we can help.Post Christmas most of us are bogged down financially, but I think it's important to find a way to give. I've decided I'm going to go back to work earlier than I thought I would, so that we have some extra income to give.I'm bouncing around ideas in my mind of how to raise money for relief efforts in Haiti.

What we can all do is pray, raise awareness, give what we can (the Canadian Government will match your donation) and not forget the suffering.

No comments: