Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Bad Luck?....

Chris and I had a terrible day of bad luck. Firstly we woke up half an hour before my appointment time in Vancouver. We were frantic, and then ended up stopped in traffic for a long time. I was 2 hours late for my appointment and thankfully Dr.
Gelmon was still able to see me. Then there was a mix up with my Herceptin treatment, and it started almost an hour late and then took way longer then we thought it would. We ended up in rush hour traffic combined with another accident. We didn't get home until 5:30, I was completely exhausted and headed to bed.
The reason my medication was delayed was because with all my weight loss, now I take less. According to the Dr's files, I've lost 31 lbs. Since I gained about 35 on chemo, I have about 4 more to loss to get to wear I was before. I'm hoping I can lose the next 20 with healthy eating and proper exercise. Today was my first day of proper healthy eating, that I managed to keep down, but with the help of lots of anti-nausea meds.
Great Luck has been having Cgris's sister Cara and her kids staying with us. Her husband will join us soon and our niece, Maya (3) and Nephew Jack (1) are adorable and our girls are loving their time with their cousins. We met Jack for the first time,and his great! Having the four kids here has been so much fun for everyone.
Chris is finally enjoying some time off. He worked basically everyday but Christmas day, since Dec 1st. We have family vacation booked for late next week, and it's our tenth anniversary getaway. We are so looking firwar to this time... it's time for our luck to turn around.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Feather,
I am so glad you to hear you are having some enjoyment with your family. Sounding much better than you did at the hospital. Sorry I could not make it last week to the pub night, long story. I hope you guys all have a blast on your holliday, and I am looking forward to coming over to view all the pictures when you get back.
Love ya
Cind