Friday, June 6, 2008

Yeah!

I've been having the most normal and functioning week, for as long as I can remember. I've been able to get out and run errands everyday, while driving myself. I'm feeling a sense of independence and being able to socialize more. As an extrovert this is a very important part of my mental health. Even hough it's been raining, Ive been tanning and I can tell that the light and vitamin D is much needed.
My friend Kobie did my hair again and it's so stylish a sassy, I love it. I'm beginning to feel like a whole new woman. I'm able to fit into some of my skinny clothes again and I'm getting rid of my plus size clothes. I also had some spa treatment and my nails look great. My Dr. said that these things are signs of wellness in a woman. He said he can always tell when patients are feeling better while in the hospital, he said the men are sitting up with a newspaper, wanting to know what's going on in the world, while women are sitting up putting on their make-up, doing their hair and concerned once again with how they will present themselves to world. I'm feeling much better about my presentation, I feel I have no more visible signs of being a cancer patient. Now it's up to me if
I want to share my medical status. Though my body still scares me with many abnormal behaviours like, random severe headaches, severe nausea and vomitting, in active or way over active bowels, dehydration, random chest pains, low grade cough, random aches and pains in bones, joints and muscles; no tests have yet showen any sign of cancer anywhere else in my body.
I'll be getting a full body MRI done soon, planning of course that there will be nothing to be found. My meeting with my oncologist yesterday was poisitve and upbeat. She was very encouraging. My blood work is looking much better and much the same now as a normal person. I've been getting back a bit of an appetite, this after months of having no hunger feelings.
I still have lots of dizziness and clumbsiness as a result. There are most activities that still make me feel "sea sick" all the time. We've finally come up with a combination and schedule for my meds that seems to be working so much better, I'm feeling much more hopeful that I'm on the road to recovery.
I'm also excited and hopeful about our 10 day family vacation to disneyland. If you see us, please don't mention this as we are going to surprise our girls with the news on the way to the airport. What a great surprisee for all of us. We leave on Father's day, so we celebrate that, a much needed family vacation and our tenth wedding anniversary. YEAH!

6 comments:

Kerry said...

SOOOO glad to hear you are feeling better. Have a great family trip!

Flo said...

Yipppeeee!!!!

Praise the Lord!

Beverley said...

Woo Hoo - God is so good!!! Have a blast in Disneyland. We will be heading there this month too. Maybe we'll even see you there.

Anonymous said...

Feather, I'm so glad to read you are feeling so much better.
Have a great time on your family vacation, your girls are going to be so surprised. Also Happy 10th Anniversary to you and Chris.
Hope to read many more updates like this one.

Tania said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I know you're going to savor every moment of this magically family destination and enjoy feeling like a normal family again. We'll be praying for everyone's health and safety! Have FUN!!!!

Coco said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are truly on the road to recovery...and the happiest place on earth! I wish you the best time ever at Disneyland! Say hi to Mickey for me!!! :)