Saturday, May 1, 2010

Stinkin' funny!

So as mother's of young children it's often impossible to get even one minute not interrupted. Sometimes the only "me" time we get in a day is when we go to the bathroom. On a good day we may get a shower and on a really good day, a bath.

On an average day we'd just like a few minutes to the bathroom in peace. I feel fortunate that we have an on-suite bathroom; which adds just a little more of a get-away feeling.

So today I retreat to my own bathroom for a mini break, when my just 5 year old bursts in my bathroom and dramatically expresses, while pinching her nose,

"Mommy! It stinks in here!! While she simultaneously waves her hand in the air and turns on the bathroom fan.

I exclaim back to her, equally as boldly, "Well it's my potty, and I can poop if I want to!!" Then when I realized what I'd said. sounded like the old 50's tune, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!" I cracked myself up, started laughing at myself and singing my version of the song.

My 5 year old now with hands on hips says, "it's not that funny, Mommy!" and slams the door. All in all it was a good deal, I finally got my privacy and a good laugh and I doubt she'll barge into my bathroom while I'm on the potty anytime soon!

1 comment:

lil said...

That's funny, and awesome!!! Glad you had a bit o' privacy. ;)