Thursday, May 13, 2010

Today...

Today is 8 years to the day that I lost my best friend, Carmen(Toews)Anderson. Although here is never a day I don't think of her, this week is especially memorable. She passed away the day after mother's day, with her mother and father in the room; in the same hospital she was born in almost 30 years earlier.A week after her passing was her birthday; we'd just had her funeral...it was a celebration of an amazing woman's life. I miss her terribly all the time, I wish she was still living her life next to mine, but I do have peace. I know I will have eternity where she is, that gives me some peace; but I still miss my best friend.

I posted a memorial note on facebook today; these are what people had to share about Carmen today, when I wrote this...I am reflective, as today marks 8 years since lossing my best friend Carmen (Toews) Anderson...even though time eases the pain, I still miss her just as much! As I help plan our 20th Grad reunion, I know it won't be the same without her there. She was our class Valedictorian and spoke on behalf of our future 20 years ago......now here we are without her. She is missed and will always be missed.

She will be with us in our hearts. I know she is smiling down on all of us.

I often think about her. She was such a loving person!

She was one of the sweetest people I have ever known never a bad thing to say about anyone:)

I wasn't in your grad class, but I remember Carmen from when we were younger. I was sad to hear of her passing. She always seemed like such a genuinely nice person.

Carmen would have wanted for everyone to connect, reconnect and get to know others for the first time. That was what she was all about; kindness.

Even though I wasn't in your Grad class, I remember Carmen to be one of the sweetest and kindest people I had the pleasure of knowing. Thanks for sharing, Feather!

Yes, we'll be missing Carmen very much.

She is missed!! I can't believe it - 8 years ago.

To this day, Carmen remains one of most inspiring women that I have ever met, right up next to you, Feather. It was an honour to have known her :)

She was a good kind person...that would help when needed!
A good personality, and had a nice out look on life! = )
She is missed!! And is looking down over us and watching!
Our angel! = )

I remember her smile....Such a ray of sunshine:)

I miss her too.

Thankfully we have something Glorious to look forward to, something we can barely comprehend and something she already knows. There is peace in knowing that she already knows:) What will never make sense to me here, is sensible to her there!!- Feather

Always smiling, always kind and gentle, always warm, always strong. How she lived her life is an inspiration.

I Loved her kindness and her soft heart... We were all blessed with having someone such as her in our lives.

Carmen could always make you laugh because you could ALWAYS embarass her...You just needed to talk about boys! Carmen made life fun, no matter what we were doing. She could always make you smile.

She always took time to say hi, no matter what clique you were in. She encouraged change and positivity.

I remember her as a wonderful person, inside and out.

She really was such a sweet person....always kind.

The thing I remember about Carmen was her infectious laugh. She had such an amazing laugh and smile, her whole face lit up. It's true, I don't think i ever heard anyone say a bad thing about Carmen, she was liked/loved by everyone.

Carmen always helped me see the good in life, even when I was fighting to hold onto the bad. She helped me change my outlook and I will forever love her for that!!

I remember Carmen's smile and her driving. She had a mischievous laugh and lived with such conviction.

I agree completely. Simply a lovely she was. I bet she is smiling and singing and dancing up in heaven.

What a gem of a girl, our Carmen. Truly a person who lived what she believed and reflected the love of our Jesus so deeply, so genuinely. She is missed, but what a reunion we will have one day. My love goes out to you, Feather, and her adoring family. I fully know that there is a huge void...Thanks for this note and encouragement to stop and remember. :)


We miss you, my dear Carmen.

No comments: