Thursday, February 26, 2009

Crazy?!?! Maybe a little:)

So perhaps we are a little crazy, but it sure was fun!!!

We took our family on a spontaneous 4 night trip to Disneyland. We found ourselves finally one step ahead financially and decided that the best way to spend our money was on a holiday. Chris hadn't had a break from work since last spring and all he wanted to do was take the family to disneyland.
We were originally looking for 2-3 months from now, but the last minute deals were amazing!! We found flights from Seattle to LA for only $113 per person return!! We found a super cheap hotel and right now adults go for the same price as kids. We got 3 day passes, which is cheaper when you buy them altogether as well, and off we went, the next day we were in Disneyland! Exhausted, but so excited!!

When we woke the girls up to take them to the airport, they had no idea (well Carmelle had guessed that something was up with disneyland:) Kids are so perceptive!!)
They bounced for the next four days, just like Tigger!! They got to see Tigger too!
We got so many great photos, so many wonderful family memories and no regrets!!
Last time we went I wasn't sure how long I had because I felt so terribly:( There was a sense of urgency that trip to try and fit in as many family memories as possible.
This time I felt so good, it was a real time of celebration!
I was also quite nervous about my check-up yesterday, which went very well, but the trip was the ultimate distraction from my fears about the tests results:)

I'm definately in a phase of life right now when saving for a "rainy" day doesn't make any sense to me. I'm all about making the most of each day and celebrating every opportunity we get!

I may have to work a few extra shifts to pay off part of the vacation, but it was worth it!!

The weather was amazing, though I think I may have brought on the snow here:)!!
I was so encouraged that I had so much energy and strength to spend long days in the park with my family.

Chris took a day for himself, which I encouraged him to do, and he wanted to go to Universal studios, I'd have choosen to lay on the beach:) He had a great day, rode many roller coasters and I had a wonderful day with the girls at Downtown Disney and at the pool.

If and when we can do it again, we will!! Watching our girls light-up at the sight of Winnie-the-pooh and Tigger too, was well worth every cent:)
Carmelle discovered a new love for roller coasters, I felt more alive than ever before, our family shared in wonderful moments together, the lines were super short because of the time of year and Chris got a much needed break.

Now we are home, happy to be home.

Living Happily ever after!!

1 comment:

jkwiens said...

So wonderful! It brings tears to my eyes knowing that you were able to share this trip with such freedom and energy... and that it was a break for Chris. You both need and so deserve that. I love your passion for life and to cherish each day! --Amber