Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thank-you Lord for Friends and family.

Tomorrow, Wednesday Feb 25th I have another four month check-up at the Vancouver Cancer Agency. I'd appreciate your prayers, as i am more nervous about this check-up than I have been for any other in the past.
I have been "sick" for about 2 months with what I'm hoping and praying is a viral flu/cold. I've experienced every cold/flu symptom possible over the last 8 weeks, the scariest being the extreme fatigue.
I've also been emotional maxed out with the news of my childhood friend, Rachel, receiving a terminal diagnosis with her breast cancer. It is my prayer that I'll see her next week, March 4th, when we'll celebrate with her "Marching Forth" to victory. If you'd like to join Rachel and her friends and family let me know and I'll let you know how you can get tickets to this special event. I'm honoured to be able to go and spend some time with her.

I'm grateful for my friend Sheryl who will be joining me at the Cancer Agency tomorrow. Chris wanted to come but he has to stay home and bring the girls to and from school. My appointment was originally scheduled for Monday but got changed to Wednesday, and Mom wasn't availbale then due to her organizing the "World day of prayer" for her community.

A friend just sent me this prayer, for which I'm so grateful and for all the others who lift me and my family up on a regular basis. thank-you.


Lord, I pray today for my sister Feather

She is a faithful daughter, faithful to you and her life Lord

I pray that Feather receive the calmness and serenity that she needs Lord

A calmness for her and her family

To clearly undersatand your will

We love Feather Lord and pray that your will be done, that Feather be with us for so much more in our unorthidox human way

We thank you Lord, I thank you for my sister Feather, in you Holiest of Names I pray, AMEN

Love you Feather, I will be around, stay safe, for you i will pray continuous until I hear from you again

A friend in Christ

2 comments:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Will keep you in my prayers tomorrow and here is hoping that everything is well! stay strong!

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you today Feather. There's a good chance that, with all the recent stress in your life, the normal winter cold/flu has gotten to you and stayed just a bit longer. I pray for the day that you no longer have to worry about cancer coming back. You've definitely gone through more than your share of sorrow in your life. I believe that God has a plan for everyone, and doesn't give them more than they can bear. You've become such an amazing advocate for breast cancer awareness - obviously something that God had planned for you. Let God take care of you.