Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Normal illness...

As I head into my 4th week of fighting this terrible flu/cold, I’m still thankful that at least this is a normal ailment that many others experience and it’s normal. Somehow it makes me feel better knowing that at least I’m fighting something normal, that many others can relate to. The problem however is that everyone in my family has gotten it as well, so we are all sick together and we are all miserable together. Chris and I evaluate who feels the worst, because the “winner” doesn’t have to get up and care for the sick kids!
Needless to say the household turns upside down and looks like a bomb went off. My babysitter that has often rescued me in such disarray has broken her foot and is limited as to how much she can do. So as we all hobble around the house, trying to keep joy in our hearts, while we feel like we are hacking out a lung and sneezing away our brain cells, we embrace that this is a “normal” ailment.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I have suffered through this "normalness" you speak of. I am the one who always loses the "I'm sicker than you" battle. I rejoice when the kids go back to school and the husband goes to work. Small blessings allow me to take a nap when no ones looking. At some point no one will see when you take that nap. Enjoy that thought.