Saturday, January 31, 2009

A lighter-side; through "pink" tinted glasses!

When I showed up at work this week with a thermal coffee cup with a pink ribbon on it, I was asked in a joking but serious manner, “How much stuff do you have with the pink ribbon on it?!?!”
A lot of stuff that I’ve accumulated over the past 14 years, most of which has been given to me as gifts, I’ve earned as prizes for fund raising, received for speaking and some I felt like buying for myself. It started to sound humerous when i began to list some of the things I have with the pink ribbon on them. I pretended like I was bragging as it began to sound silly all the things I had with this breast cancer symbol on them. My co-worker joked, “You are so “lucky”, I wish I could be just like you!”
Sometimes the humour must be found when dealing with such a serious and difficult situation. I found the lighter-side just then listing all the things I have with a pink ribbon on them.

Everyone of them a reminder of all that I’ve been through and all I’ve overcome.

Socks, shorts, many T-shirts, long sleeved shirts, vests, pull-over, baseball hat, toque, winter scarf, bandanna, dress scarf, pashmina, temporary tattoos, buttons, pins, bracelets, necklaces, watches, earrings, backpack, laptop bag, over the shoulder back, umbrellas, shoes, blankets, ipod, teddy bears, frig-magnets, car-magnet, key chain, bra top, water bottle, photo album, picture frame, art work, photos,coins, candle holders... the list goes on.

Life goes on...

1 comment:

L&D said...

I think you should wear the pink symbol in whatever shape & form it comes in as a badge of honor. Pink is becoming on you.