Monday, November 10, 2008

Work Week.

I just completed working 3 of the last 7 nights and I feel great! I know that many of you have wondered how I'm doing being back at work and I have to tell you, it feels so good! I'm working 2 nights a week and I've averaged about 4 and a half hour shifts. I've handled them much better than I expected I would. I've made a few mistakes:) but over all I've remembered most of what I needed to remember and retained what I needed to learn. A year a half ago when I worked my last shift, I'd been waitressing for 18 months and it had been two years before that since I'd worked as a hostess, which is what I'm doing now. So 3 years later, I've surprised myself, my chemo brain isn't as bad as I thought!

It feels so good to be so warmingly welcomed back into such a great group of staff, so many familiar faces (a few new ones too) I love the social dynamic of the restaurant, it's so busy and keeps you on your toes. It's a great physical work out and I feel stronger and stronger every time I work (in every way)! I was worried that my weakened body would rebel, but so far so good, I am encouraged! I'm hoping that I will be able to waitress sooner than I think, which would also bring in more income:)

There are so any large steps I'm making in every area of my life and I thank God for giving me the courage to face them.

Courage for another day.

Feather

1 comment:

Flo said...

That's fantastic news Feather and I'm sure customers and staff alike are so thrilled to have you back. I was one of those wondering how these first days would be ... and it sounds like they were great so congratulations! God is Good!