Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Basically all good?!

So it appears that my situation is caused from re-occuring cysts that have been giving me trouble.These ovarian cysts are probably due to the fact that chemo caused my ovaries to shut down (Chemically induced menopause)and then they fired up again; but not as well as they once were. So this is basically just another chemo side effect really bothering me, two years after completing chemo. I'm happy that it looks like a "normal" situation and not "cancer" related. Though the condition is often uncomfortable and sometimes terribly painful, it's great to know that it's not life threatening.
Having said that, there are other issues that will be looked into more with further tests. The bottom line is that in the last 8 weeks I have not felt well. There were many weeks and months I felt so much better in the last year and a half; I'd just like to feel that good again. I understand that after all that my body has been through I will probably never feel as good as I once did before all this happened (playing soccer and working two jobs with two little kids) I just want to feel as good as I did a year ago, or this past summer.
I meet with my oncologist on Friday and I'm quite certain that she will also order some tests. I'm now awaiting a colonoscepy and what ever else my Dr. says needs checking out. I'm concerned about my right shoulder, is has been hurting since summer, I thought I pulled something but it aches terribly more and more. Since my bones are one of the most likely places for my cancer to spread, I am concerned. My tail-bone has also really been bothering me the last month. If you could pray specifically for these areas I'd really appreciate it.
Over all I'm having issues with feeling lightheaded and even faint feeling a few times a day. I get waves of nausea a few times a day as well.Sometimes I get a feeling like I have a stitch in my right side, so I'm a little concerned about my liver. It is my prayer that my Dr. takes my concerns and orders tests to check my shoulder, tail-bone and liver.Of course the prayer is that there is no cancer in these areas, but I'd also appreciate finding out what's causing me to feel so unwell.

Otherwise I'm trying to be as busy with the Christmas season as possible and doing everything I can to enjoy every minute of it:)

I've posted updated pics of my family on Facebook. If you are not my facebook friend yet please request me as your friend:)

1 comment:

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Oh Feather - I had the stitch in my right side and the doctor kept checking my liver to see if something was wrong. But now, post surgery, even THAT has disappeared! It was all from the cyst! So maybe that's the case, again. Hormones can just reak HAVOC on a body when a cyst is present. Oh I had the weakness, fainting spells, nausea several times a day and almost constant headaches - ALL gone since the "disappearance" of my cyst! The fatigue remains, but I think it's going to take longer than I'd like to admit for me to get back to a normal energy level. So... maybe it's all just the one thing!? Oh and digestive issues can totally be related too! Praying the answers for all your issues will be found in just the one thing, and that it can get resolved!