Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The newest member of our family, a one year old Jack Chi, her name is Lilah Janz.

It's official we have adopted a dog, her name is Lilah and she is a one year old Jack-Chi. Basically she looks like a blond Jack Russell Terrier with a curled up tail; she's adorable! On Saturday I headed to Petsmart to buy a new collar for the neighbor's cat,Cleo...when a little blond pup caught my eye. She tilted her head to one side, looked right at me, and stole my heart. With her one bent over ear and a darker blond butt with a wagging tail she knew she was ours before we even knew it.
The girls took her for a walk around the store while I started the "manipulative" calls,text and phone pics to Chris.

It didn't take much:) He's always wanted a dog, but something perhaps a little more masculine:) Within half an hour he was there meeting her, falling for her and trying to calm the ever so excited two little girls of ours, after he told them we could adopt "Delilah". I don't know who was more excited the girls, us or the dog who'd been rescued in California and now was going to join our family:)

We bought "things" she would need, like food, collar, leash, treats (of course) and pink jackets for her trips and walks outside (she's about 10 lbs) and a toy or two. The girls wrapped most of the things for her Christmas presents. They wanted to do something to prepare for the dog arriving. We had to fill out much adoption paper work, many questions and prepare for a home inspection today. At 5:15 today Delilah, which we've decided to shorten to Lilah, got to come home! We'd already been missing her and were so excited to finally have her here.

Saturday night, as Carmelle, was just tucked into bed, she said, "Mommy, I have tears in my eyes as I think about our Dog. I'm so happy I feel like I might cry." Well that made our hearts melt and confirmed we'd certainly made the right decision; no doubts here! About 2 hours after Lilah arrived, and Carmelle was in the middle of having so much fun playing with her, she said, "I have my own dog!??!!!! If this was a dream..it would be the most wonderful dream EVER!!" WE couldn't be happier with Lilah.
She's got the best little personality, playful and cuddly, patient and quite, content and curious:) She's also potty trained and leash trained, which is a huge added bonus:) She's got us all wrapped around her paw:)

We put her bed in the girls room and put them all to bed together. Awhile later I peeked in to check on them all. I couldn't see Lilah at first and then I saw her, under Cadence! All I could see was her little head and her big eyes peeking out at me. She was peaceful and content, but squished. I moved her but not until Chris could come and see our perfect dog with our perfect girls:) It's just perfect!

Now I know why we didn't get a dog sooner, we were waiting for Lilah and we didn't even know it:)

No comments: