Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Prayer Request updates: to the left

PRAYER REQUESTS: When I was first diagnosed with my second cancer, my oncologist suggested that I have genetic testing to see if I have a particular gene that causes many different and frequent cancers in young people. She feared I might have this as the two kinds I've already had are two of the kinds often found with this gene. I'd decided I didn't want to know if I had the gene at this time. I may be changing my mind about this soon, as it will probably enable me to get MRI's and PET scans that wouldn't otherwise be available to me. This is something that requires much thought and prayer, because if I tested positive, then this would effect the girls in their future and their abililty to get life insurance etc. Plus then facing the fact that they also might have the gene. It's not an easy decision, I know what it's like to live with a possible cancer diagnosis hanging over your head, I wouldn't want this for my girls.
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

Off WORK/ financial stress: I have been off of work since October 6th, due to undiagnosed symptoms of extreme fatigue; lightheadedness, dizziness and generally feeling really weak. I was first tested for a brain tumor, which is the most likely area for my cancer to return, but thankfully my brain was free from tumors:)
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

More Tests were done and On October 28th a little something showed up near my uterus that would need to be followed up by further testing. Dec. 7th i had an ultrasound that has now marked this "growth" as suspicious:( It is in an area behind the right side of my uterus. I've found out that this area is called the pouch in women. An area that many tumors grow and can grow very big before discovered. Thankfully mine is not that big yet.
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

Though the ultrasound Tech is not able to tell me anything; they are able to communicate a lot by what they don't tell you. Like really aggressive tumors usually show a much greater vascularity (blood supply) than the amount seen around mine, shown with doplar ultrasound. Sometimes Dormid Cysts show up this way. They are a form of a tumor that can become cancerous. I will be awaiting more tests and probably a surgical biopsy in the near future to find out exactly what this mass is.
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

Overall I've been feeling quite a bit better since the start of Dec. This seems to be due to the fact that it appears I had a cyst on my left ovary that was making me feel terribly for weeks, but didn't show up on Dec. 7th ultrasounds. These kinds of cysts often clear up on their own. I'm grateful for more energy and being able to prepare for the holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New year 2010:)!!
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

Reconstruction: My sugery to have my "wrecked" right reconstructive implant replaced will be sometime in summer 2010. My sugery got set way back due to some medical system cut backs. I'm on a cancellation list, so it could be a little sooner. It's certainly not my main concern right now; though very uncomfortable and I'll be pleased when I can have it taken care of. The pain of it still effects my daily life, as it I get a shooting pain from it through my chest to my back, every time i bend over and stand right back up. And it continues to get smaller and smaller as it buckles in on it's self.
Edit Delete ↑ ↓

Living with the consent reminder that the cancer could return at anytime is a overwhelming place to be much of the time, especially for Chris and Especially when I'm not feeling as well as I have in the past year. I trust God with my whole life in all things.
Save
Cancel
Remove

3 comments:

Marni said...

Praying for you all.
<3 Marni

Coco said...

We'll be praying for you also.
big hugs,
ck

Flo said...

Praying ....