Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hair starting to fall...out

As day six begins, I'm feeling tired but still much better than I'd imagined. I feel free from the "chemo" fog for only a few hours a day. And the rest of the time (18-20 hours), I'm sleeping, waking up/ falling asleep or thinking hard about sleeping:) I seem to be able to sleep during the day more easlily, and thank-goodness for air-conditioning. I've been camping out in the living room around that New air-conditioner and thanking God for it, (though Chris actually bought it and installed it:) I'm glad that we can financially be in a positon that we can buy an air conditioner and not have to think about it, since it's going to make me more comfortable and we've been given money to help make things easier for me. Hanging out in the living room has worked for hanging out with the girls more as well, and just being around in their space. Though Cadence got right in my chest space today and jammed my portacath very hard, that didn't feel so good:( Yeah fast acting morphine!! I think she actually moved the thing under my skin, it'll probably bruise. Oh well. I suppose I should have some pain and suffering, I feel as though I've gotten off a little easy. When I hoped for the best and prepared for the worst, this is much better than I'd hoped for. Now I'm going to drink my flat gingerale, put my feet up in front of the Great AC,have a cookie and slowly pull my hair out, (don't worry, it doesn't hurt one bit:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you are not experiencing major nausea and the like. Your attitude through this is just amazing and we just want to encourage you of that.
Please let us know if you need anything at all.
Take care and know that we are praying for you!!

The Wagners said...

To Hold your hand...
A small connection , a place without pain, gentle fingers interlace our love.
No need to let go, I will help you climb this mountain, a gate of support, two become one.

When I turned ont he radio this morning the first song I heard was Chris! It made me smile and know that God has his arms around you.
Amanda