Monday, August 18, 2008

Back again...

Back in the hospital again that is. Thankfully I just had to visit the ER long enough to get two bags of fluid by IV. I ended up very dehydrated but I'm feeling a little more normal now. I have to make sure I'm eating and drinking regularly and making it a priority. Especially after treatment... but since Wednesday was my last one!! It won't be such a problem in the future!
It feels so good to have completed over a year of IV treatment at the chemo department of the cacner clinic. Though the women there are lovely, I hope to Never SEE their FACES AGAIN!!:) Now I am scheduled to see my oncologist once every three months. I'm hoping to have my portacath out as soon as possible, and plan to continue on with normal life...with baby steps.
Off to take the girls to playplace, with the babysitter and hope to sneak in a tan and nap later.
Thank-you for your continued prayers.

2 comments:

Coco said...

Feath, I am so relieved to hear that your treatments are all over and that you are on the road to recovery. I am happy that you have a lovely babysitter who loves your kids and can help out when you need to rest. Congratulations on completing your final herceptin treatment.

YOu are an amazing woman, and I am so blessed by your phenomenal story of faith, healing, and perseverance. I hope to share your story with many people in the weeks to come. You have inspired me to be more and to do more. Thank you for your vulnerability and your drive to conquer every obstacle that gets in your way. You have a great hold on God, and He's hanging on to you like never before.

Thanks for sharing your journey and your miracle. March on...but do it slowly!

Love ya tons,
Corina

Flo said...

Hi Feather,
Glad that you've updated us once again and let us know where you are at. Praise God that treatments are done, that you are home from the hospital and hydrated and that you are able to slow down, even a bit, to let your body grow stronger day-by-day. We keep praying for you daily and thank you for sharing your journey with us so that we can best know how to pray. Have a wonderful tan and nap time - ahhhhh! If anyone deserves it, it's you!!!