Sunday, August 17, 2008

Crashed.

I think the simplest way to describe the last week is that I crashed. After not sleeping well for over a month 3-6 hours a night, my body crashed. Last Monday I was in the hospital for exhaustion, desperately needing to sleep. So when I got home that night the sleep started, and now I feel like I can't wake-up properly all day. Now I'm sleeping 12-16 hours and still feeling tired. I do wish my body could find a happy medium.
I had my final herceptin treatment on Wednesdau Aug 13th, and I've been even worse since. I had my first run of vomitting in many weeks, a couple of months actually. It's been extremely physically exhausting and emotionally upsetting. I was feeling so well for a few weeks there, it's hard taking a set back.
No Dr's are surprised by this, especially since I was pushing myself to hard to fast. The reminder that I have to slow down is not one I enjoy. I'd love nothing more than to ba able to jump back into my old life, but baby steps I see are the way to go.
Looking forward to nap time,

Feather

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Started thinking something was wrong when you hadn't posted in awhile. Hard to do - but you have to slow down and give yourself time to recover. Got to take care of yourself!

Tania said...

Congratulations on your final herceptin treatment...another milestone reached. I'm sorry that you're not up to celebrating but there will be a time for that eventually! Take it slow and enjoy the moments that a busy life would otherwise miss...I know you'll feel better soon.
Hugs and prayers,
Tan

barb said...

I'm sorry to hear of yor setback:(
I know it's hard to pace yourself, when you are feeling good...I look forward to my nap every day, actually, it's the best part of my day :)

jkwiens said...

Hi Feather, I was wondering if something was wrong too when you hadn't posted for awhile. I can totally understand how you just 'jumped' right back into life. I can only imagine how hard it is to slow down... but it is going to be totally necessary. Thinking of you. Praying too. Lots of love, Amber