Saturday, August 2, 2008

Detoxing

As my body is detoxing, I am also detoxing my house. I have surrendered my home for a year and a half, to other people. I am now able to claim my home back and make it my own.I can finally work towards having things the way I want them.
Don't get me wrong, I've appreciated every bit of help I've received in the last 18 months, but there is something so rewarding about having your home the way you like it.
Men take pride in their ability to provide for their loved ones. Women take pride in their ability to keep a home. Through this experience I learnt how to give up and give in to how my house was being kept and be gratefult for it. When things weren't put where I'd like, I learnt how to keep it there and be alright with that. But now I'm done that and I have the energy and capacity to put it where I'd like it to be.
I've found much joy this week in putting things where they belong.
I've also found much excitment in being able to clear out boxes and bags full of stuff. This is the home detoxifiying process. What makes it easier is that I'm setting aside many things for a fund raising garage sale that I'll be having Sat. Sept 6th. I'm going to put all the monies made towards the Run for the Cure. When poeple purchase, they can give me their name and address and i'll put it on a pledge form and they will get a tax receipt for it. I did this once before and it worked really well. Some people came just to make a donation and to talk to me.
I had a very busy day yesterday and i pushed myself very hard. Today I was mostly recovering from yesterday. My nurse friend has told me that my immune system is probably compromised right now and I need to slow down a little bit. That's hard for me. It's not easy for me to put on the brakes when I want to move full steam ahead.
I feel as though I know my body so well now, so much better than before. I can feel it telling me stuff i need to hear, I just need to listen. I can tell now when my white "T" cells are getting low, I know all the signs now. Getting a good night sleep is one of the best things I can do for myself. So why am I up so late writing, when I should be sleeping? Some bad habits die hard.
I'm going to take some melatonine and head to bed shortly here.
I feel as though I suffer from "chemo brain" sometimes. I also understand that it could take many months before all of these toxins leave my body. Sometimes I till feel like a toxic waste land, but the journey to the promised land is upon me.

No comments: