Sunday, August 31, 2008

My tale of two verses...

Isaiah 40:31, "...But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on the wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary and they will walk and not faint." This verse is imprinted on my dear friend Carmen (Toews) Anderson's gravestone, beneath the wing span of an eagle. This week I had this bibical reference tattooed across my shoulders, with spanning wings (containing many "feathers"), wheather I'm running, walking or soaring, my hope is renewed in the strength of the Lord. I bear it on my shoulders as to never forget.
I also had added to my body the dates for Carmen's birth and passing in with the matching sunflower tattoo that she and I got done together almost 10 years ago. I also had two baby muscial notes, representing our girls, added to the two a joining notes I had done representing my marriage to Chris 10 years ago.
Are there plans for more, yes, but I'll wait ahile again for more. This painful and permenant act has marked the ending to this season of my life and to the beginning of anew one. This was pain that I got to choose and have power over, afer a year and a a half of feeling quite powerless and enduring much pain that I had to suffer to get well. As the physical pain for the last 18 months slowly lessens, I still have lessons.
2 Corinthians 4:8-9 "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abadndoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
Though today I felt some despair, I felt struck down part of the day, I was not destroyed...I proclaim that we are not destroyed, not today, not for the last year and a half and not anyday to come!
I can't tattoo every verse that has touched my life on to my body, but the tatoos have a great tale to tell, of a young Christain woman's life and her walk with Christ and with those that she loves and has loved in this life.
I like to take what touches me most and make it mark my flesh forever, as well as the many scars of surgery that I have growen to embrace as my body, the body God intentd for me to have, and I'm just fine with it. It works, not as well as i'd like sometimes, but it works.
Find some way to make scripture make a mark in your life today, but you don't have to be as drastic as me, but do I do much of anything with out a little extra zing to it:)
Just Zinging along Singing a song, side-by-side,

Feather Janz

No comments: