Friday, October 24, 2008

Good NEWS!!!

YEAH!! I'm so excited and happy to report that the "spot" in my spine is NOT cancer!!! The bone scan showed no signs of metestatic (spreading) cancer anywhere in my skeletal system. I'm so relieved and feel so free to start making more plans for the future.
Right now we are still in Alberta.

I received the good news by email from my GP, thank-you so much Dr. Newton, you are the best!
Chris and I are so excited to attend the GMA's banquet tonight as a celebration!

It's unclear what exactly is going on with my T1 verterae, that is causing arm discomfort (nerve pinching stuff) and stiff neck and back pain, but what ever it is, I can live with it!!
So now I'm continuing to plan to start work again part-time in a couple of weeks, just 8-10 hours a week to start. I'm really looking forward to it:)

Feel free to share my good news, I'm still considered in remission then, or cancer-free, and intend to stay here for a good long time!!

I do feel bad for those that feel stressed or overwhelmed by the "roller-coaster" of cancer; trust me, I know all about it. As much as it sucks, I'd rather live the roller-coaster; because the highs are so great and it feels good to be alive!!

This is how many people with cancer, living with cancer etc. would describe the journey, the beginning, middle and end; one big roller coaster ride.
IT(the entire cancer journey)takes you for a "ride" (some people really hate rollercoasters and some will never go on one, ever) on the "ride" some times you are terrified,sometimes there's a "thrill" (good news!); there are dips and bumps, when you feel like you have to hold-on for dear life.
Others times you squeal with joy and throw your hands in the air "like you just don't care", and then you hit a corner you weren't prepared for. The thoughts come and go, "How did I get here?", "Where's the fun?!?" When you are on it, it seems to last for- ever and when it's over, it's just a blurr.
When you get off, solid ground seems unfamiliar, your stomach thinks about emptying it's self (or does) your head is spinning and you aren't sure where you are for a little while.
Every roller coaster is unique, just like every journey with cancer.
I'm happy to be at the end of another "ride", though still woozy, I have a big bright...smile!

Thank-you for "riding" with me.

I'm heading out of the "theme park" and back into my life.

6 comments:

Marni said...

I'm so glad for you! Now, go get some cotton candy!

Flo said...

Great perspective Feather! Congrats on the great news and hope you have a wonderful time with Chris at the GMA's.

Coco said...

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!I am SO happy, SO relieved, SO thankful, SO sure that God is complete control of your beautiful life. I wouldn't let myself worry this time, I had to trust that it would all be ok! I am SOOOOOOO happy!!! Have a great time tonight celebrating with your adoring hubby! Did I mention I'm happy?! I'm so happy! I can't even begin to imagine how you must be feeling. I hope you went out and bought a new dress...and shoes! :)

Big hugs!

Kerry said...

YEAH!!! I'm so happy for you!

L&D said...

YAY! So grateful you don't have mets, and that you are still holdin' strong to that cancer free status. Continuing to cheer you on from the side lines!

Tania said...

PRAISE GOD! I am thrilled for you...YAY!!!!