Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Prairies came and went...but seemed to go on for ever while we were there!

Yes, we were in Alberta last weekend, Wed-Saturday. Chris was working with the Canadian Gospel Music Awards and I tagged along for a relaxing and fun get-away. The first two days Chris was kept very busy Judging a singing contest with 47 contestants and sat on a music producer planel.
During that time, I headed to Lethbridge with my great childhood friend Shannon (Nugent) Fulton. I joined her life for two days and did everything with her while relaxing and just going for the ride. I hung out with her daughters Taylor (10) and Ashley (almost 17) and her rocket-scientist husband, Trevor.(Yes, he is actually a rocket Scientist and works with the Canadian Space agency and other International Space agencies) Shannon will complete her teaching degree this next year, and I'm so proud of them!
I re-joined Chris on the friday evening for the GMA's Banquet dinner and Awards night. The music performances were great, my highlights for the night were Hockus Pick ( Life time Achievement award winners last year) and Rythmn and News ( Life time achievement award winners this year) If you were a Christian youth or just like to hang out a church youuth groups,around 1989--1996 you know exactly who I'm talking about:)Theses guys made it "cool" to be an "awesome" Christian and "radical" for Jesus. Especially us Mennotine raised children, that love that we were finally allowed to jump around, throw our bodies about, and scream to music...but not call it dancing:)Oh but there was dancing, I danced my ass off...I was such a rebel!! I need some more of that kind of dancing now, especially since my backside is at least 3X the size. But I trying to jump up and down to their music and I just ended up with a leg cramp half way through the first verse:( I tried at least. But even though my body felt "old" my heart sang strong and my voice sang along to the familiar songs of my youth. I also finally got to meet all (most)of the guys after many years of wanting to meet them, it wasn't quite what I had imagined at 21, they are all old now too:) Way to go guys!
Chris was asked to receive awards on behalf of Starfield, since they are regularly at our home in the studio working on their music stuff and hanging with Chris. They won 6 Covenent Awards, Congrats Tim, John and crew! (that's what Carmelle calls the band, "The crew".
While we were in Alberta we got the good news that my bone scan was clear of cancer, as previous suspected. It is now firming suspected that I'm suffering from early stage osteoperosis in my spine, but I can live with that and basically "drink more milk" to help out the situation.
WE had a great get-away and now are getting back into regular life, which is never particularly regular. I had my first modelling job yesterday, first one in a year. If they needed an averaged sized woman in her mid-30's, with short blonde hair.I was there girl:)After 3 hours of 4 outfit changes and holding still for the camera, my body had had enough. I'm hoping to get some f the pictures, but because it was a professioanl shoot, getting copies can be tricky. I'll try.. as I always say, "If you don't ask, the answer is always NO."
Heading off now to the Annual Canadian Breast Cancer Foundations Annual Luncheon in Vancouver.

Jumping back into life and trying to work my "back-side" off,

Feather

No comments: