Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter

A few weeks ago, Carmelle came home from Kindergarten with a story that left me speechless (this doesn't happen to often, me being speechless that is, so I thought I'd better document it)
The teacher had been telling them about Terry Fox because they were going to do the Terry Fox Run/walk at school. Carmelle realized very quickly that he had cancer like her Mommy. (Though I hadn't been doing do much running she added)She was excited to inform her class that her Mommy was like Terry Fox, only I wasn't dead, and instead of losing my leg to cancer...I'd lost my boobies!!
Oh..?!?!? I replied, speechless. She contined to let them know that her Mommy got new boobies, just like Terry Fox got a new leg! Right, Mommy...?!?!? She said.
"Right." I said.
And I headed to the other room to have a good laugh. She seemed quite pleased that she got her facts right and that she had something special to contribute to her friends. Though I'm mildly embarassed, I'm very proud of her for not being afraid to share.
I suppose some would say, "Like Mother, Like daughter." I hope one day she'll be proud of that statement as well.

2 comments:

Darryl J. Kropp said...

Too cute! I love that story. Totally made me giggle. Priceless! :)

Tania said...

oh Feather...I laughed so hard when I heard read this. Your Mom must have said- "That is so...YOU!"
Love it!