Monday, October 20, 2008

More tests.

After having increased discomfort in my arm, neck and head (sometimes incredibly painful) I headed to the ER two weeks ago, on a mission to get a CT for my neck (spine) and head. Hoping of course nothing would be found, but needed to be reassured, the former was confirmed on Friday. There is something about 1 and a half cms at my T1 vertbrae, at the base of my neck and top of my back.
I'm hoping and praying that it's possible radiation damage, old injury (but didn't show up in previous CT scans) genetic spinal degenerative osteoperosis; all of these things I can live with.
The alternative I couldn't live with very long. Possible metestatic Her2 breast cancer to the bones would really suck. It would literally want to suck the life out of me. So we pray it's not that...
Otherwise I'm feeling really quite well. Much better in so many ways in fact.

I have a bone scan for follow up, marked urgent, for tomorrow, tuesday 11:15am to be exact.
We pray there is nothing to be found by this test. I see it as a precaution to rule out other things. But I'm grateful to have it so soon and to not have to wait much longer.
Waiting for test results, especially with so much at stake, has got to be the hardest part of this journey. The not knowing can often be very stressful and difficult; a "no-man's-land" of sorts. Though I prefer to make it "God's-land" and not something I need to stress or worry about, because my soul knows that He is in control and He wants what is best for my life and my loved ones.
He knows the big picture and sees the heart, mind, soul and body...I surrender it all.

2 comments:

Marni said...

I am praying for you Feather and Chris that you will know God's Presence.

Darryl J. Kropp said...

I'm praying for you Feather! I just have to trust that God is in control. I will wait in anticipation of GOOD news.

Big hugs and lots of love,
Corina :)