Wednesday, May 13, 2009

May 13th

Seven years ago today my best friend, Carmen (Toews) Anderson passed away. I've been thinking and feeling a lot...just now, in 10 minutes, I wrote the following in my journal, and I want to share it with you.

Though my body is weak
and my heart is faint;
My eyes are fixed on one Greater
and my vision does not falter.

My steps have become stumbles
and there is no strength for a skip;
but my heart can leap and
sing with joyful praise.

Even though the tears flow freely
and my tongue is silenced;
the prayers of my heart are clear
and their sound is sweet to my creator's ear.

My hands are held back from
the work that they are desperate to complete;
but my fingers can write and express
the longing of my hopes and dreams.

When I feel as though I am falling
I am swept up with a sense of belonging.
The fear that shrowds me slowly fades away
and the light of my life steps out of the darkness.

"I am here, where I belong!", I proclaim to "death",
that lingers around a near-by corner.
"Oh, not yet!" I cry,
for life is so much more than dying!

2 comments:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

That is beautiful, Feather!
Thanks for sharing.

Tania said...

still loving and remembering Carm after all these years without her