Friday, May 15, 2009

The tragedy of an old friend.

I just heard of the devestating loss that a highschool friend, Tammy (Hien) Woods has and is enduring. Her husband of 15 years, Gary Woods, was killed in a work related accident two weeks ago. They were happy, healthy and loving raising their 5 children, so much so that they had decided to have another. Tammy is expecting the couple's 6th child in June and is lost as to what to do without the love of her life and the father of her 6 children.

My heart just aches at this news. I can hardly believe that these things happen. There is a foundation set up to help out this family in the short term before other sources of income come through. Though I have not seem Tammy in 7 and a half years, I intend to support her anyway I can.

Tammy and I acted together in highschool, were cheerleaders together, members of the ISCF (Inter-School Christian fellowship)and were in the Miss Chilliwack pagent together 1990; we finished along side of each other, me in 4th and her 3rd.

Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: