Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dates set...

We signed the deal to our new house last night! My parent's came to see the house as well. They were very excited for us, as they walked through our soon-to-be home, they were impressed with how nice it is. We thought the house looked even better seeing it the second time, as our home. So moving day is Saturday Dec 1st. If you are available and willing around that date to help us with, packing, moving, cleaning and unpacking, please contact us! You can find my contact info atmy website: www.featherjanz.com
I've just returned from my radiation oncology appointment. Treatment will start on Monday Dec 3rd. SO I have about a month of recovery time between Chemo ending and radiation starting. This is great for me, as treatment doesn't interfer with packing and moving.
This does mean that treatment will go over the holiday season and into the New Year. I'll have to have treatment on my birthday, but I'm glad with how it's working out. This will be what's best for me and my family.
The Radiation Oncologist was very encouraging today that I should feel quite normal on radiation treatment. The hardest part is going in every day for the 6 weeks. She said it will be a bit longer because of missing three days over the holidays (Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day) and they will probably add and extra day, making it 29 treatments total.
Anyway, I'm off to a nap, as are my girls. All is quite, but never for long around here:)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Daniel told me about the new house. That is so exciting! I should be free on the 1st to help you guys move too. Yay!

Barb Stingl said...

I'm SO happy for you guys! God is SOOOOOOO good ;)

L&D said...

Thinking of you as you start your last chemo round.....

Jenn said...

Feather,
I've been reading your blog from time to time to keep up with how you are doing so we can continue praying for you and your family. I'm not sure if you know me but my husband is Christian Stonehouse and he knows Chris. It's weird reading about your new house because it sounds a lot like the studio Christian built and worked in for years when we were first married. It's not on Thoreau Ave. is it? Sounds like it will be a perfect arrangement for your family. Your blog has been a real inspiration to me every time I read it. Thank you for sharing from your heart.
You're in our prayers.
Jenn Stonehouse