Sunday, March 29, 2009

Alive and sort of well.

13 days and counting! And it looks like I will be here for at least another week. The infection I have in my lymphatic system is also in my blood. I am on 4 rounds of 2 different kinds of IV antibiodics everyday for 10 days, another week to go. At the end of that I will still most likely be facing surgery. Thankfully the infection is improving slowly but at least it is not getting worse.
I will be having an MRI in the next few days that will help see things more clearly and hopefully not find any suspicion of cancer. In the meantime visitors are welcome, call first to be sure I'm available or in my room. I like to go for walks when ever I feel up to it.
Tomorrow I should be getting a small medical procedure to have a pick line inserted in my arm, it's like a semi-permanent IV. The reason for it is because my veins are causing major issues. They are bad since chemo. They are small, few, weak, and tricky. I have 16 IV attempts in 24 hours yesterday, not my best day. I am literally praying over the vein I have working now, which is continuing to work. If it goes, I end up oral antibiodics, which are not as effective for the condition I have and would reak havok on my already weak and sensative stomach that just had another bleeding ulcer in January. Oral antibiodics would be very high risk for my stomach which would be another batch of issues.

Mildly relating to Job,


Feather

No comments: