Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Time to repair and recover.

I've been very sick with this flu virus that's been going around and it's been complicated by developing bronchitis and battling quite serious asthma. I've been sick over two weeks and though I'm getting better, it's been a very slow process. I've had to book another 2 weeks off of work because I just can't see myself being able to function normally for awhile.

I'm suffering from extreme fatigue, shortness of breath (from the asthma) which also causes light headedness, dizziness and loss of balance. I feel really weak and shaky most of the time and can't seem to get enough sleep. I've just finished a week of antibiodics and oral steriods, so we'll see what my body does on it's own now.

My parent's have taken the girls over night a couple of times, which has been a huge help, as Chris has also been sick with it. Our trusty babysitter Jessyca has been grateful for the extra hours we've needed her to help over spring break (I've even had her doing the grocery shopping!)

I feel so lost as to how I should be feeling...I'm so grateful that my cancer clinic tests came back with good results, but then I worry that they missed something and that's why I'm so sick right now. Is this a normal ailment or is it masking something much worse? When I feel this sick and weak it's hard to not imagine the worst being possible.

Hoping to feel better soon,

Feather

3 comments:

Waltrude G. - Grandmothergoose said...

Will keep you in my prayers!

The Wagners said...

My co-workers all had a flu bug about a month ago. A couple of them had it for about 4-6 weeks (These are non-compromised immune systems). just make sure you are washing your hands a lot and taking care of yourself you should start to get back to your perky self soon!
(I managed to avoid all of that flu nonsense...hooray for preggy hormones!)
Also, sounds harsh but try not to let the girls touch your face without washing their hands - especially when they get home from school...public schools are ubergerm factories.

Love ya.

Karen said...

I feel like I should almost thank you for being under the weather. Our daughters had such a great time playing that my youngest wonders when they'll be able to play again. Funny how never meeting they would become such buddies. I hope you feel better very soon but thanks for letting your mom take the kids.

Karen Carruthers