Thursday, March 26, 2009

Longest running episode.

SO this has been my longest running stay in a hospital ever. I am going on day 10 and won't be going home anytime to soon, a few more days at least. Just as my bronchitis, bronchial spasms and asthma were getting under control, I was overwhelmed that they were missing something and that something else must be going on in my body because I was still feeling so terribly. Of course my biggest fear was that there could be cancer that had returned.
Thankfully all the tests they have run in the last two days have not shown any indication of malignancy. However what we did find was an infection that has spread through my lymphatic system. The origin of the infection is, of all places, my right breast mound. Where I had major infection problems in May of 2007, almost 2 years ago, appears to have reared it's ugly head. Why, they have no idea. Perhaps it was dorment and flared up do to my immune system being compromised by the bronchitis etc.
So I will be on IV antibiodics for a few days. I have had one set and just starting a second. I will be consulting with a surgeon. If the antibiodics do not clear this infection up soon, the implant will probably have to come out.Hopefully this won't have to happen.But if it does I am okay with that.
Right now the swollen lymphnodes under my right arm are so sore it's more comfortable to lay with my right arm over my head. The breast is very swollen, hard, hot, red and purple, sore, and feels like it could burst; also very painful. I am on some pain medication that helps take the edge off.
I am glad I was here when this infection was discovered so it could be treated so quickly.
Again, confirmation to me that I am right where I should be.

I look forward to visit from Chris and the girls. I am thrilled that we have found a wonderful caregiver, Rea, she is a true belessing to our family!! It really helps to know that our home and girls are being so well cared for. This brings my heart peace and comfort.
Thank-you for your thoguhts and prayers.

Getting better slowly but SURELY,

Feather

3 comments:

jkwiens said...

Feather, you are a breath of fresh air! I love the way you trust God and then to see Him care for you is awesome. It just makes me feel good all over :) So good to see you today and hear you give God so much credit for all that has happened to you and Chris... especially now as you are sick again. I have no doubts you are where He wants you too. Hang in there! Hugs, Amber

Joan said...

Hi, Feather!
Your mom keeps me posted on what's going on, and then I come here to read what you are writing. It's great that you can stay so connected via the internet during all this time in the hospital.
I pray that an infection is all it is.
Love, Joan

barefootmommy said...

I am so glad you found a caregiver for your girls. You've been on my mind a lot lately. Hope you start to feel better soon and are able to return home to your family soon!! - Simone