Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cross cultural connection.

For the past three days I have shared a room with an indo-Canadian woman in her 70's. She is constantly accompanied by family, and sometimes LOTS of family!! They are all wonderful caring and loving people. The generations of family, probably 3-4 generations come to show their support to her all through the day. It is beautiful to see.
They are so kind to me. She smiles and speaks to me in punjabi with a few english words thrown in here and there. She is so sweet. I smile at her and practise my lame one phrase of punjabi "ki-hal-a", which is a basic greeting or "how are you?"
She told her nurse aid, who is bilingual, to tell me that she thinks I am nice. I was touched.
I ended up being able to have a nice talk with her son, who is the age of my parents. He translated to her, what I was saying. I felt very much again the peace that God has me right where He wants me:) I have no doubts!

1 comment:

cindylouwhoo said...

Feather,

I am thinking and praying for you every day. I am so sorry I did not make it up this weekend, another bout put me out for a couple of days. As soon as I am up on my feet I will give you a call. Keep Resting:)
Love ya
Cindy