Saturday, June 6, 2009

Clinging to the good bits.

I've been feeling terribly this week and as the week progressed, I progressively felt worse:( I thought it might be the air quality, as we've been experiencing an unusal heat wave for this time of year. I have to say I was happy to open my local newspaper this morning to see it made headline news. I'm not the only one suffering, the air quality is effecting many people with the exact same symptoms that I have. exteremly irritated throat, sever coughing, wheezing and shortness of breath. The worst is the extreme fatigue that comes with it and gets worse each day. Anyone with asthma of lung problems, that's me, become almost disabled by such weather. It really sucks because I love the heat and sun, and when it's like this I have to avoid going outside at all. Forget going for a walk, not that I have the energy when I'm like this.
So for the first time in my life, I was thrilled to see clouds and hear that there is rain in the forcast, YEAH!! I'll be able to breath and function so much better.I ventured out to a weight loss meeting at curves gym this morning and found out something about my body I've never known, there's so little I dn't know about my body with all it's been through:) I found out that I am big boned!! This was good news because it means I will always weigh more than the charts say I should at my height. IT means that I don't have 85 lbs to lose, according to their charts, but instead only 70! 70 is a lot to lose, but some how it doesn't seem quite so daunting. All those years I fought to be 122lbs, it was no wonder it was so hard to achieve and maintain, because I wasn't meant to be so thin. It is a great excuse for being a little heavy, I can now honestly say, "But I'm big boned:)"
I'm discouraged that on hot summer days I may only be able to exercise in the gym and not out side. I love going for long walks with the girls in the stroller, I suppose this summer time activity will have to become a fall and spring activity when the air quality is better. I joked with Chris that we should move where the air is cleaner...but I don't know if I could ever leave the beautiful Fraser Valley. Perhaps we need to summer in Tofino:) I wish!

No comments: