Saturday, June 13, 2009

Watching my weight...

Well I figure I put it out there; posting my weight on my blog, so I figure I'll post my progress (hopefully not progress in gaining weight) in this area; I'm hoping it will help hold me accountable and bring more success in the long run. I joined weight watchers with a friend today and we attended a meeting together.
I had great success with in 2 and half years ago when I lost 57 lbs in 8 months on weight watchers; leading up to my cancer diagnosis. This time I have about the same amount to lose; 70 lbs being my ultimate goal which would put me between 145-150 lbs.
I feel amazing at the weight. The last time I weighed that much was when I got pregnant with Carmelle 7 years ago in 2002.
I weighed in at 216.8 lbs today, yikes!! Thankfully I do feel much more fit now then I did about 5 weeks ago. I know I'll be feeling better once I can get my asthma under control and I'll be working more and more at abc as the summer goes on. I worked last night and it went much better than my shifts 2 weeks ago. The next two weeks I'll be working 2 nights a week.
When we get a break from this heat and get some rain, I'll be able to exercise outside again, with clearer air, I'm looking froward to that. I'm quite sad right now, as I pretty much am stuck in doors, with the continued poor air quality.
If you have some weigh you'd like to lose and you'd like to join me on my weight loss journey, let me know and perhaps we can do some of it together:)In the meantime I am still loving my body, I am proud of it for surviving again and holding up as well as it is after all it's been through. I'm thinking I still look pretty hot, and I look forward to looking even better:)After being bald, and on death's door this looks pretty dang good to me!
I've finally lost the dark circles under my eyes that I've had for about 5 years, and my acne cleared up, so what I see in the mirror isn't so bad. When I was in my 20's I looked in the mirror and could only see what I didn't like about my body and appearance, thankfully now in my late 30's I see what I like and find it a lot easier to ignore the rest:)

Still wearing my bikini and getting the best tan possible:)

Feather

No comments: