Thursday, June 4, 2009

Please pray for this young Mom and her family.

Jeanine Leiding is fighting for her life in hospital. A virus has gone to her brain, caused serious fever, and now severe seizures, swelling in her brain and loss of consciousness. This morning she is somewhat alert, on a feeding tube, still suffering from seizures and in a lot of pain. I'm sure she's scared and worried about her family. Her and her husband Dale have 4 young children, the youngest only a few months old (who was still breast feeding).
My husband Chris went to highschool with Jeanine and we got to know them both through our college and careers group at our church years ago, Roaring 20's at Northview. We know what it's like for a young family to experience a Mom being very sick, but this is so much worse than anything that we have been through. It's heart breaking. I know as a Mom how hard it is to fear leaving your babies and husband, and how much harder it is for a loving husband to watch the love of his life suffer and not be able to do anything to make her better.
I know that Jeanine and Dale have many wonderful family and friends around to support them through this time. I know that the power of prayer will bring healing and comfort for Jeanine and the family. The more prayers the better I say, so if you could please add her and the family to your prayer list that would be awesome.

1 comment:

The Barkeys said...

Dear Feather,

I tried to send this e-mail to both of the addresses I have for you but both were returned. Hopefully this gets to you:

Thanks for your e-mail. I'm really sorry but I'm really not able to
get together with people very much anymore. I've taken a bit of a turn and it really is difficult to know what each day brings.

I hope your check up goes well. It really is a place that I don't ever miss, hey?! I haven't been there in several weeks and it's really nice
to not be there. Not that the people aren't nice - they are - but it's refreshing not to have to go at all.