Friday, June 26, 2009

Crazy 24 hours...

In 24 hours...

Carmelle was to have her last day of kindergarten but took to puking instead, poor thing missed her last day of school:(

WE heard of the passing of Farrah Fawcett, the picture of beauty for an entire generation, who lost her life to the horrid disease of which I'm all to familiar...cancer.

Even more shocking was to hear of the sudden death of the world's biggest super-star, Micheal Jackson. We will remember him as a musical genius and father of three.

My shingles became much more painful than I expected, I went to the Dr. and was prescribed a pain medication especially designed for nerve pain. I was finally able to sleep, as the night before I was keep awake from the shingles pain on the right side of my back.

Today, the 26th of June 2009, is our 11th wedding anniversary. We tried our best to celebrate today with some gifts and opening our wedding time capsule for the first time in 11 years.We had a family picnic on the lawn for dinner, but other than that I was laying on the couch feeling crappy, chris was working and Jessyca and her mom took the girls to their place during the day.

I am currently watching the special that Farrah Fawcett about her journey and fight with cancer. I can relate to so much of what she is sharing and experiencing. As I watch I hope and pray that I will never know her part of reccurance, stage 4 cancer,a terminal diagnosis and now death.


I'm camping out on the couch on a mission to rest and get well...and starting to watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" again.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

congratulations on your anniversary. May God continue to be with you and your family in the years to come

jkwiens said...

Congratulations to you both on your anniversary! I can attest to being so very encouraged as I watched you be husband and wife through so of the many rough patches... It just makes me smile when I think of how beautiful a marriage is when it is really for better or worse and in health and in sickness. I remember your post about your love being 'galvinized' through the silver lining in the big storm clouds. Feather, I remember Chris telling me one night after the girls were settling in to bed and you weren't doing well at all, that his love for you was so much stronger because of all you guys had been through. It just brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful thing! I'm glad you got some celebrating in. It's just too bad that you are feeling so under the weather. I hope you feel better soon.--Amber