Sunday, September 9, 2007

At a loss for words...

For those of you that know me well, you know I'm never at a loss for words. But my oldest, Carmelle, caused me to hesitate when she stated that she didn't want to grow up and be a lady like me. (I think I was encouarging her to eat her dinner so she would grow up like me) When I asked her why she didn't want to grow up, she said with tears in her eyes, that she didn't want to grow up and have owies on her boobies. I was stunned and didn't know what to say. She understand more than I realize. The truth is that both my girls are genetically set up to quite possibly get breast cancer one day them selves. I finally said, as I fought back my tears, that we'd would just pray that would never happen to her. I now often lay hands on my girls chests while they sleep, and I pray that God will protect their little bodies while they grow, in hopes that they will never have to experience breast cancer.

1 comment:

Coco said...

Feather, I have tears in my eyes as I'm typing this. As I pray for your healing I will also pray for protection over your sweet girls. I will pray that this will be their only experience of breast cancer, and that this even will only be a faint memory as they share all life's special moments with their wonderful mommy.