Thursday, September 20, 2007

Being old and growing old sounds wonderful to me!

I’m finding it hard to sympathize with elderly folks who aren’t well and are struggling with health issues. I feel like, “What I would give to be 70 with health problems!” That’s twice my age! I can only hope and pray that I get to be 70 with health problems one day. When I see old folks walking around, I feel envious of their age and I yearn to be like them. I look at my wrinkles with a new found admiration. (not that I’ll stop using my anti-aging cream, www,featherjanz.myarbonne.com) I find myself missing my youth less and longing for the aging process. When people around me complain about how they are feeling, that they are under the weather, I feel like smacking them upside the head! I don’t have much to lend out emotionally these days, my emotional journey is all I can take for now. Thoughts of death loom over me as I fight to carry on through each day, living my life the only way I know how. Mostly I keep a smile on my face and joy in my heart, enjoying my life to the full. But this doesn’t change the thoughts that don’t really ever seem to leave. We are all going to die some time, but for me and others in my similar situation the reality is much more in the fore front. I don’t cry much, I don’t act very emotional much, but I do feel. I feel very deeply most of the time. This is a very draining activity. I find my energy is low, and perhaps somewhat due to this factor. I’m certainly not in denial, I’m well aware of my reality! I’m sorry if I don’t want to hear about your ills, give me some time. Please don’t complain about feeling, looking or being old around me. Being old and growing old sounds wonderful to me! Bring it on!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a wonderful perspective...I needed to hear that.

Keri's Collage... said...

We ALL need to hear that! Thank you!

Beth said...

Thanks for teaching me what is so hard-won for you Feather.

The Wagners said...

I think a lot of the ailments that affect elderly folk are more due to Lonliness than anything...

Anonymous said...

Hi Feather,

Wish I could be at the concert tonight! Am racing off to the airport right now and heading to Halifax to see Tom, Louisa and the kids. Then to Toronto for a week.

Love reading your blog. Look at it daily.

Hi to all.

Praying for you always,

Love,

Uncle Wayne

Phyllis said...

Thanks so much for putting things into perspective, Feather. I have a new-found appreciation for the aging process.