Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ahhhh….What’s up Doc?!?!

It’s The Ides of March…I’m surprised that I remember that! Yesterday I forgot that my Mother-in-law is coming from England for a visit this week, which I probably failed to mention to anyone else either, as my short term memory is not doing so well. My dizziness has possibly gotten better, not worse anyway. But my short term is not so good. I usually lose my place in my conversation, and forget what I was talking about. I’ve even been shy of the telephone because I phone people and forget why I called them or sometimes who I’m even calling. I prefer email these days, there’s a better chance I’ll remember or be able to remind myself if it’s written and saved. Don’t take it personally if you’ve told me something and I don’t remember. I try to write everything on the calendar, remind me to if I’m talking to you. I have a busy couple of weeks ahead of me, a lot more people are available for visits and helping out with it being spring break and Easter.

I had heard the words, “Chemo Brain” thrown around a lot, in the years working with the Canadian Breast Cancer foundation; women often complained of loss of memory, even 2 years after chemo. So I’m hoping that these symptoms are just par for the course. Fore!!!

1 comment:

Leana said...

Hello Roomie,
I was reminded today of the first missions trip I made to Argentina. There was a girl named Melinda that was on our team. Do you remember when she met you at Northview and she realized you were the person that someone in Argentina had been praying for. When you went through your first bout with cancer God put you on the heart of this girl,in Argentina,to pray for you. Not knowing who you were only your name, that you were from Canada, and that you had cancer. I remember we were both shaking when you came home that night after talking with Melinda. I just can't help but think that maybe God has someone else praying, someone who doesn't know you, someone in a far off land. God cares that much about you. Of course there are many of us that know you who are praying but God has prayer warriors all over the world whom He uses for such a time as this. Isn't that cool. Love you friend. Leana