Tuesday, March 4, 2008

March 4th is a time to MARCH FORTH!!

March 4th has held the significance of being a day to MARCH FORTH, since my best friend Carmen married her love, Rodney Anderson, and they marched forth into married life together. I stood as her Maid of Honour 13 years ago not knowing that in a week I’d be diagnosed with breast cancer at 23 and that she after 7 years of marriage, just before her 30th birthday 6 years ago, would pass away and leave such a void in the lives of so many who loved her, including me. Lossing a best friend is much harder than fighting cancer, much harder, I can honestly answer that because I’ve lived both, survived both and my life is better because of both. Having Carmen as my best friend for most of my life was one of the very best things that ever happened in my life, Carmen’s friendship was a gift. I also can see my cancer as being a gift, one that has made my life richer in so many ways. Though I look back and see sometimes in my life that were so rough, I press forward knowing that to March Forth will bring glory and peace in my life. March with me, onward to victory!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feather ...you are such an inspriation to me and many others..God has a plan for you and though you have weathers many storms he hasn't brought you this far to give up on you....as we both know prayer is a powerful tool...I know this tool...we have briefly chattet on face book I told you that I was a stage 4 breast cancer...and it has reached my liver...I have had amazing prayer warriors on my side and test restults have shown that the liver is now clear praise God...I too have had trials..my oldest son had cancer at the age of five so being the mother of a sick child is heart breaking but he's a healthy 23 year old today again to God glory ..sadly I lost my husband in a car accident who was my soul mate and we had been together since we were 17 and he was 40 when he was killed...
I truly believe these trial make us stronger women and appriciative of each day so your right there girl we march fourth and praise our heavenly father for each day he blesses us with ....you are regularly in my prayers

gail

Pam said...

You are an amazing person, an inspiration to all!

Pam said...

You are the most amazing person, what an inspiration you are!!

L&D said...

Cheering you on my friend!

Beautiful tribute to Carmen. From the posts you write about her, she sounded like such a wonderful human. I would have liked to know her.

See me there at the end of the finish line waving frantically? Yup, that's me....the one jumping up and down. I'm screaming and smiling as I see you run to the victory line.