Sunday, March 23, 2008

I think I hear a Who!!

I often gage my day on how well I get from my bed in the morning to the toilet. As I sit and reflected on how I made the passage short passage this moring, stumbling, out of it, lightheaded and aching all over ( from the muscle seizing attacks that I’ve had 4 of in the last few days.) As I sat on the toilet this Easter Sunday Morning feeling just terribly broken. I wept as the words repeated in my mind, “The Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
suffered and died so that we may have life.” This gave me hope, because there so much life to live, now and in the here after!
This comforting feeling came through retched coughing and choking spells. I’m sure from the our side it didn’t sound well at all. Beth came in to comfort me which was nice, but I wanted the hugs and support of my husband, not to mention that he would be able to prepare a needle that would make me feel so much better.
Slowly I started to member that it is Carmelle’s fifth birthday today as well. So I fixed myself up so I wouldn’t look as bad as I feel and I, and spent some special time wishing her a happy birthday.
AS for my health currently, I can stay at home to take my oral antibiotics as long as my temperature stays down. If my temp goes back up, then I go back in twice a day for IV antibiotics. Unfortuanately the pills upset my stomach. I just don’t seem to win. But if all this means that I win in the end, then it’s all worth it.
Happy Easter everyone,He has risen, He has risen Indeed!!
We sure enjoyed taking the girls to see 'Horton hears a who!'

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feather - you amaze me. I read your blog faithfully. I read about all that you are going through and stand in awe about how you do it. You have such a wonderful strong faith in our loving and "there for you" God. You and your family are in my daily prayers. Have a blessed Easter with your family.

Anonymous said...

Feather, I am in awe of your courage. You write beautifully and with such honesty. I can not even start to imagine the health battles you are facing on a daily basis. Let God put a blanket of comfort and blessings around you, and help you through these difficult times

Beverley said...

Feather, I feel so ashamed of myself. Here I sit belly aching about a common head cold and there you are with all that you have been going through not sufffering anywhere near as loud as me. Let me echo what the last writer wrote Let God put a blanket of comfort and blessings around you, and help you through these difficult times.

Jeff Stackhouse said...

Ya heather you are really cool, I feel ashamed to be me sometimes as well just because I don't have the strength that you have. It is great, and if I had to go through it, I would not be able too. I am in perfect health, yet my mind makes me feel like there is no use living. I don't know why I have to feel bad when there is nothing at all wrong with me. I know if you were me you would be totally fine and would fight the feelings of sadness and you would be sure to fight through it and overcome it. I think your an inspiration to a lot of people, like we see you go through so much and all I think of is if you can do some much going through so much, then why can't I?

I hope you get better, but if you can't, I just hope that many people are shown the true life and spirit of jesus through your life.

I know I have seen amazing things.

Thanks so much

Jeff

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Mary and my friend, Corina Kropp mentioned that she was doing the breast cancer walk for you last summer. I am greatly touched by your blog and the vulnerability that you show. It is very noble. You are in our prayers and I will keep reading. Our pastor was preaching about Jesus being three days in the grave. After darkness comes resurrection. He's with you.

Tania said...

With your eyes focussed on Jesus and his your face lifted towards the mercy and grace he passed on to us through the cross you have reminded us all to place our hope in Him, not on the physical stuff of this world. I know each day is a major battle to remember and believe in that hope but I'm praying that these dark days will only make the next ones more glorious. Keep on clinging to Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Hey girlfriends of Feather and all women who hang out at her blog because you care! You are especially invited to our first Cheese Cake Concert FUNDRAISER. Yep, I (Deb Fortnum) and Lisa Adrianne are gonna be singing our hearts out for Feather Saturday April 5th in Yarrow! Feather is scheduled to be our special inspirational guest, but if she can't make it, that's okay. All the more reason to have this Girls-Night-Out for a special purpose: to help get her on her feet again!

Get your $10 tickets at House of James in Abbotsford, Blessings, Verses or Yarrow Alliance Church in Chilliwack. All proceeds will be going to Feather & family (and possibly another family struggling with cancer too) during this incredibly expensive time.

www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10102922132


Bring your sisters, moms, girlfriends, aunts, grandmas and daughters to a great evening of music, healing hope and encouragement for Feather and others fighting cancer!

Anonymous said...

Feather, your courage and realness and honesty are incredible. I stand in awe of how God carries you through each struggle, sometimes one hour at a time I'm sure. Thank you for writing. You and your girls and Chris are in my prayers. --Amber