Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Over all good News.

I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon today and over all he had good news for me. In his opinion he didn't feel there was any concern for any Breast cancer "brewing" at my mastectomy site (it's always great to get a few opinions I say) and he was fairly confident that the infection was irraticated by the antibiodic regiment that I'd been on. Having said that he also said there were also no guarentees of either, that they were his medical opinion only. I love a Dr. who admits openly that he doesn't have all the answers:)

The long and the short of it is that I won't be having surgery for another 8 weeks or so, and even then I will be on a cancellation wait list so I won't have a date until shortly before the procedure. I was releived that it will be done by summer more or less and was even happier when he said that it was very likely that he could replace the old implant with a new one. Part of the reason for the wait is the time it takes to get MSP approval for the surgery. If I had an infection now I'd could have the surgery now, but because it cleared up I can't. A little frustrating. This puts off returning to work, as the incapsulation of the implant (long story) has caused a dull ache and often pain in my chest (the right side mostly of course but all over when it's really bad)

I am feeling a little stronger each day. I managed part of the day even by myself with the girls and took them to playplace for a bit. I had help with the house and the girls today and I still feel wiped out. I am looking forward to a good nights sleep, mom is here for the night. Chris left this morning for tour. He is definately missed already.

All in all it's all good. Day by day looking forward. Day by day a little bit more.

No comments: