Thursday, April 2, 2009

Wish me luck.

It's the middle of the night, I awoke after 3 hours sleep due to physical discomfort just shy of pain. They gave me a pill of something an hour ago, I'm not sleeping the discomfort is still there, only now I have heart burn from the pill. I don't for see myself falling asleep anytime soon:(
It is also the anxiety of the day ahead of me that keeps me up. The laperscopic (I think that is how it is spelt?!?!)procedure I have scheduled today will be done in Delta. The surgery time is 11am and I head there at 8 am with Medi-Van, it's just like an ambulance but only transports patients.
I'm hoping to catch up my sleep while laying dowon in the van to and from Delta and probably sleeping lots afterwards; I hope.
I'm looking at the four batches of flowers that I have received from friends and family, and they look so lovely even in the dim light. I also admired the beautiful yellow daffodils that fill all the tables of the main lobby of the hospital. They took my breath away and filled my eyes with tears. I can' help but get emotional every April when they come out from Cancer Month. As I looked down into the lobby from my third floor, I saw them 20 to a vase and 10 vases on 10 tables. The numbers of flowers represent to me the lives that I have know to be lost to this terrible disease; But also the hope, in the promise that they will return every spring.

I believe that I to will return in the spring:)


Forever the "Flower Child",

Feather

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm always so amazed by the way you see the bright side of everything, despite all the hard trials you've had to go through. You are such an amazing person (I know I've said "amazing" twice, but can't think of another adjective that's appropriate). We'll be praying for you, and your family, as you go through your surgery and healing.

The Wagners said...

The Lord is with you sister.

(...and it's spelled 'Laproscopic') tee hee hee. :)

Thinking of you and praying for you!

Tania said...

Feath,
I hope you get the sleep you so desperately need...things appear a little brighter when we're not foggy headed, right? I'll be praying for you tomorrow as you trek across the valley and have your surgery.
XOXO

Coco said...

I was thinking about you today as I was reading through part of "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe." I'm at the part where Narnia is finally thawing out, the birds are singing, crocuses and snowdrops are blooming. This became my prayer for you...that your winter storm would come to an end and your spring would finally arrive bringing health and happiness.

Know that you are loved and are held up in prayer.

jkwiens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jkwiens said...

(too many little spelling mistakes in my previous comment so here's the edited version :)
Feather, I too am amazed by the way that you find the silver linings amongst such struggles. I was thinking about you yesterday and had hoped I would get out of class earlier to come and see you yesterday, even if it was just for a minute since I know you'd be recovering still. In any case, I was praying for you. Hopefully I will get to see you this afternoon when I pick the girls up. Hugs, Amber