Saturday, April 4, 2009

Recovering

I am still quite sore from minor surgery Thursday and still feeling the effects of anesthetic, but I am able to do a little (on pain meds) and continue to recover.
I took a 6 hour break from the hospital today, first time in 18 days, and it did feel a little odd to be back in the "real" world.
I feel so grateful that I get to spend this time in THIS hospital, it is so bright and shiny!! Not that I want to be in the hospital but if I have to be in one, this is the place to be. Abbotsford regional hospital and Cancer centre opened mid-August last year and is gorgeous.
So I got "out" so I could go to my girls birthday party. Cadence is 4 and Carmelle is 6, they share a party. The princess extravaganza was a hit! The girls were spoiled and the cake I ordered actually tasted really good. I'm so glad I could be there.
I'm healing and awaiting possible surgery this week. The right implant from my breast reconstruction will be removed soon. The sooner the better I hope so
I can recover and move on.

Sincerely,

Feather Janz

1 comment:

jkwiens said...

Feather, I'm so glad you got to spend the afternoon with the girls at their princess party. It was so good to see you in your ball gown with your hair all done up in curls when I arrived... you are just beautiful. But I can only imagine how hard it was for you to make yourself feel 'up to it.'... you are such a special mom. Praying for healing and smooth recovery after your surgery. Love Amber.