Thursday, April 8, 2010

Bed-ridden:(

Just when I thought allergy season couldn't get worse, it did:( Monday I could sense it, Tuesday I could feel it and by Wednesday I was getting worried. Then I was up until 5 am because my sinuses hurt so much It felt like my face was lifting off my skull!
Medication kicked by then so I could sleep a bit.I now have a full blown sinus infection, I may end up on anti-biodics again:( I got another nasal decongestant medication today so hopefully I'll be able to sleep better tonight. I need to start improving or else my surgery might get canceled. That would be bad since my surgery is to fix the very problem I'm suffering from now.
With this my asthma has flared up badly again, it's all part of it. Fixing my sinuses will help improve my asthma as well. It's hard to explain how that all works but they assure me it will and that the surgery will be worth it. I'm looking forward to the experience of breathing out my nose, something I've never done. The Dr. figures my septum has been deviated since birth, since I never knew anything different I never knew to complain about it.
hmmmm...since I never knew anything different, I never knew to complain about it.

1 comment:

Korinne Tjepkema said...

Hey Feather. I, too, get sinus infections a few times a year. When I had the C. Diff infection I wasn't allowed antibiotics, and my dr. recommended I get a sinus spray. Not a sinus rinse - something more powerful. Almost like a pressure washer for my sinuses! I bought something called "Hydrasense" (medium spray, anything less and it wouldn't work!) and sprayed that in my nose whenever I felt pressure building. It worked GREAT! And I never needed antibiotics! I highly recommend it, if you havne't hear of it before. You can pick it up at any grocery/drugstore, but I've only ever seen the MEDIUM spray at a few places.
I hope you're on the road to recovery soon and don't have to get your surgery bumped!