Friday, April 2, 2010

Something else?!!?...REALLY?!?!?

I am home after 3 days in the hospital. Tests have shown I had a large ovarian cyst burst and continued to cause localized internal bleeding. This caused 4 hours of the worst pain I've ever had; until the drugs kicked in. Parts of labour were that bad; but at least with labour I knew what the pain was for! The unknown was scary:( Now I know.
Once I was there it was also realized that my potassium levels were very low; so I was kept in for testing, monitoring, potassium etc. They were also getting my asthma under control, so I feel much better now. Though while there I also had one of the worst headaches I've ever had; in the top 3 for sure!(probably because of the potassium issue) ... the worst headache I've had in my life was on July 2nd 2008, that's how bad that headache was, I remember the day!! That time my potassium was extremely low; life threateningly so. This time was no way near that bad; but a concern.

I'm feeling much better now and I hope and pray I stay that way for while:)!!

Resting,

F

2 comments:

Korinne Tjepkema said...

I'm so glad you're doing better - I've been praying for you. Wow, those cysts can cause a lot of problems...

jkwiens said...

Thinking of you, Feather. I can only imagine how frustrating being sick can be for you. So glad you're home now. Praying for you! Much love, Amber Wiens